Currently dispatching from Iraqi Kurdistan

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dispatching From Somewhere Over Greenland

This is just cool. I'm on my way home to a snowstorm (brrr!!) and I'm able to get online, even though we're flying somewhere over Greenland.
Kurdistan Airlines put me on a Lufthansa flight from Amsterdam to Frankfurt and then on to the U.S. -- it was a complete nightmare, very difficult, but I'm glad to be coming home. And I loved the Christmas-y feel of the little I saw of Amsterdam during my overnight stay.
Unfortunately, Boeing plans to discontinue its internet service on Lufthansa flights (and perhaps others if it's offered -- not sure?) as of January 1, 2007. Bummer. It's a great way to kill time and/or get some work done. And it's free. Boeing, what are you thinking?!?

No comments: